- Post-run breakfast. The usual amazingness.
- Cleaned the crap out of the rest of the house - floors for Steve, kitchen and informal dining area for me. Day 3 was supposed to only take a couple of hours, but it took us double that.
- Ran errands around noon, way behind. All stress made better by seeing the cats for adoption at Petsmart. We really, really need a friend - a young, energetic one - for our Andy girl. She needs it. Much. Soon, my little cuties.
- Made lunch and burned the bejeezus out of my arm with bacon spatter. Of course. Because guests are coming, I hurt myself. :\
- Finally sat down to lunch around 2:45. Best sandwich ever, etc.
- Cooked for guests, but no picture BECAUSE I BURNED DINNER. I REPEAT I BURNED DINNER THE FIRST TIME MY MOTHER-IN-LAW FINALLY MADE IT OVER TO SEE OUR NEW HOUSE. The turkey thighs were okay. Barbecue glaze/sauce perfect. Carrots were fine. Potatoes were half BLACK, half okay; I served the edible ones to Steve, his mom and his stepdad. I ate some burnt ones. The bacon and onion were entirely burned to a carbon crisp and set off the smoke alarm numerous times. So the two elements that really pull the whole thing together with sweet and salty weren’t there. I can’t. I just… I don’t know. I can’t. I want to cry just typing about it. Yes, it was fine, blah blah the evening was lovely, but still. *Crying* I don’t understand what happened. :\
- Mini tarts from Central Market + vanilla ice cream for dessert. All four of us split these, one quarter of each, plus a quarter of the tiny container of ice cream. Yes, me too. Not worried about sugar bingeing though because I won’t be buying anything else.
Not my finest day. I wanted to keep eating stuff because hello, eating my distress, but it’s hard to keep bingeing when all I keep in the house is nuts and fruit. Which is kind of the point.
Many miles in the morning. And I am beat as all hell. Goodnight. Good luck tomorrow, runners. I love you guys!