With leftovers this good, the day can’t be that bad. Stuff:
- I look tired. I feel tired. I feel unattractive, too, and have for about 10 days. I know it can’t be true. I don’t look any different. My self-image is simply all out of whack right now.
- I got into a painful fight with Steve yesterday. I even cried a little. Um. What? That alone tells me how not okay my head is. I know this will pass, but damn. Wrongness.
- We’re losing my favorite person at work, the junior engineer who sits right across the hall from me. I thought he was taking a job in Denver or something. No. He’s leaving because he’s doing a year-long training program in North Carolina so he can go overseas as a missionary/charity worker in remote locations. I mean… wow. It’s totally out of left field, but wow, good for him. To find your spiritual and/or emotional purpose in life is all we can hope for and I am thrilled that he is doing that. He’s a good young man.
- On that note, we interviewed a new hire today and my boss asked me to spend a few minutes with him to see what I thought - would he be a good fit, is he organized and efficient, proficient in all appropriate software, a good communicator, both written and verbal. I’ve never been asked to do that before. That says a lot for how my boss views me and MY strengths. That made me happy.
- What I am looking forward to today: Star Trek: Into Darkness arriving on my doorstep. We did dinner and a movie last night with the first (Abrams) Star Trek film. Tonight will be the same with the second. We LOVED that movie. SO MUCH. Now that I’ve seen Sherlock, I can’t wait to see Benedict Cumberbatch in it again, too. He impressed me a ton the first time around.
- What I am looking forward to this week: my wedding anniversary on Saturday. The only glitch right now is we can’t decide if we are actually going to go out for dinner like we originally talked about or if we are going to make steaks and stuff at home - where we know it will be awesome. Pondering. Also pondering homemade ice cream.
Thanks to aaaaaall of you again for comments on runs, struggles, dad dreams, religious meanderings, etc. It means a lot to me that you take the time to say such thoughtful things. ♥